- Elixir has entered the trend report at the innovator adoption phase. It is a functional, concurrent, general-purpose programming language that runs on the Erlang virtual machine.
- We are seeing increased interest and innovation related to infrastructure-aware or cloud-specific languages, DSLs, and SDKs like Ballerina and Pulumi.
- We believe that Rust has moved from the innovator to early adopter phase, driven largely by its uptake within the infrastructure and networking data plane space—for example, Habitat and Linkerd 2.0.
- Python is continuing to gain in popularity, largely thanks to its roles within data science and teaching.
- Swift for iOS development has moved to early majority, primarily because of the popularity of iOS as a mobile application runtime. Kotlin, although tracked separately in the JVM trend report, has seen similar movement to early majority in relation to Android app development.
- For .NET we see a lot