If you want to implement SEO in Singapore, you must first understand what it is and how it works.
Search engine optimisation refers to the practices aimed at generating organic traffic from search engine results. The process involves making changes to the design and content on your website to attain more visibility on search results.
In this article, we examine the various aspects of SEO in Singapore. These are:
- How SEO works
- The key principles of SEO
- The significance of SEO to your business
How SEO in Singapore Works
SEO practices evolve and change frequently. Every year, some practices are considered by top SEO agencies in Singapore as ‘must-haves.’ At the same time, some strategies are abandoned. This is because Google updates its ranking algorithms regularly.
As a result, SEO experts are continually looking for ways to improve their websites to match the latest additions to Google’s algorithms.
Although it is challenging to understand the science behind the algorithms, the basics of SEO are straightforward. The primary objective of search engines is to provide useful and accurate information to users. This means that the websites that appear on top of SERPs meet these criteria.
Search engines crawl and index a website to understand its contents. This helps in delivering relevant results to individuals searching for particular keywords. During the crawling process, the search engine will also evaluate the design and ease of use on a website.
If your site has relevant content, excellent design and easy to use, it has a great chance of ranking high on search results.
The Key Principles of SEO in Singapore
The following are the fundamental principles of SEO in Singapore. If you want your site to rank high, you should implement them as part of your strategy.
- Relevant and optimised content
- Quality links
- User Experience
- Mobile SEO
- Voice Search
Relevant and SEO Optimised Content
If you want to attract traffic to your site, you must create fantastic content. When your content is relevant to your audience, Google will reward you by a high ranking on SERPs.
Here are some factors you need to consider when optimising your content for SEO in Singapore.
- The context of your keywords is crucial – Google no longer focuses on keyword appearance. Instead, the search engine analyses the context and related secondary keywords and how they are relevant to the searcher.
- Ensure that you incorporate keywords in the title, Meta description, ALT attributes, headings, subheadings, and URLs.
- Improve your E-A-T (expertise, authority and trust) – you should be familiar with search quality guidelines from Google.
You should always create high-quality, relevant and accurate content for your audience. Ideally, your content should be written for humans and have the necessary optimisations to rank high on search results.
Besides content, links are the most crucial indicator of a website’s performance to search engines. If your site has several relevant and high-quality backlinks, it shows Google that other websites trust your content. As a result, you are likely to appear on the first page of search results.
Links are fundamental to SEO in Singapore. You should invest your time in acquiring links from reputable sites within your niche. The best way is by building a relationship with such websites and requesting them to link back to your platform.
Here are some other ways to get quality links to your website.
- Start a blog – the content on your blog should be relevant, valuable and well-structured. With time, other websites in your niche will start linking back to the blog.
- Smart guest blogging – instead of going to sites that publicly declare that they accept guest posts, pitch to the ones that are quiet on the matter. If you have quality content, no one will turn it down. Even better, you will have less completion, and you can include a backlink to your site.
- Broken link building – in this case, you identify a broken link in a third-party website. You then create content that is relevant to that link and request the site to link to your content instead of the broken resource.
The quality of user experience (UX) on your website has a significant impact on your SEO in Singapore. The problem with UX is that it depends on multiple factors, which makes it hard to measure. These factors include layout, ease of navigation, site structure, and so forth.
Identifying what aspect of UX is hurting your SEO can be quite challenging, which is why SEO agencies in Singapore can opt to ignore it. That said, there is no workaround; your SEO Singapore needs an excellent UX to be successful.
The following are the aspects that need your utmost attention.
- Keep the click-through rate and dwell time high – when users spend substantial time on your site, Google knows that it has an excellent UX. You should optimise your site’s design to increase the CTR, as this indirectly impacts your ranking.
- Improve site architecture – your site should be easy to navigate. This ensures that users can quickly find what they are after. It also makes it easier for search engine bots to crawl and index your webpages. ‘The simpler, the better’ is the ideal approach in this regard.
- Page speed optimisation – you should optimise your site such that content loads in less than three seconds. To do this, you need faster servers, image compression and structure optimisation.
- Seek professional assistance – you should hire an SEO agency in Singapore to help you with UX design.
Mobile SEO Singapore
Google has declared its intentions to use its mobile-first index to rank search result across all platforms. For this reason, you should optimise your website for mobile SEO.
The reason behind the declaration from Google is the increasing number of people using mobile devices to browse the web. Over 50% of internet traffic comes from mobile devices.
The first step of mobile SEO is implementing a responsive design on your website. Moreover, your site should be fast and easy to use, and content should be consistent on mobile and desktop platforms.
In summary, you should:
- Accelerate your page speed – to increase page load times, consider using accelerated mobile pages.
- Enhance mobile-friendliness – your site should display correctly on all devices.
- Optimise content for mobile users – your website should adapt to the user’s device.
Failing to adapt your website to mobile devices will result in a poor ranking on Google SERPs.
While voice search is still an upcoming trend, it looks set to revolutionise SEO in Singapore and worldwide. According to Google, 20% of search queries on mobile devices are voice searches.
It makes sense to start optimising for voice searches since they look like the next ‘big thing’ in SEO Singapore. You can begin your strategy by implementing the following steps.
- Optimise content by using natural language – you should start using long-tail keywords that match the intentions of your target audience. Your content should also answer questions.
- Optimise your content for featured snippets.
- Create and markup your FAQ page using question and answer schemas.
The Significance of SEO to Your Business
Implementing SEO in Singapore will certainly improve your visibility on search engines, but it also has many other benefits to your company. These are:
- Building trust and credibility
- Increased traffic and conversions
- It is measurable
- It affects the buying cycle
- It is a long-term strategy
Building Trust and Credibility
The primary objective of an SEO campaign is to increase the visibility of a website. An optimised website provides an excellent user experience, which earns your business trust and credibility from customers. Google also trusts sites that attract high levels of traffic.
Concerning Google, here are the factors that increase the authority of your website.
- Quality backlinks from reputable websites.
- Positive user behaviour, such as long dwell times and low bounce rates.
- Machine-learning signals.
- Optimising on-page elements and content.
Before your business can become an authority, you need patience and commitment to your values. You also need to provide valuable services and quality products to your customers.
Increased Traffic and Conversions
Local SEO can significantly boost your web traffic and improve your conversion rates. Local optimisation focuses your digital marketing strategies on a particular location so that customers can find your business quickly.
Top SEO companies in Singapore implement local SEO by including local citations, backlinks and listings. These increase the prominence of a website on local search results.
To increase engagement at the local level, you should:
- Optimise your business’s Knowledge Graph panel
- Optimises your Google My Business listing
- Optimise your social media
It is Measurable
With proper monitoring and analytics, you can measure the impact of SEO on your business. If you want to quantify the effect SEO has had on your business, evaluate the following metrics,
- Traffic levels
- Number of leads
- Number of conversions
- Level of engagement.
Ideally, these parameters should improve. If so, it shows that your SEO campaign is growing your business.
It Affects the Buying Cycle
Most people research before purchasing a product. The internet is an invaluable tool for this purpose. If you implement your SEO correctly, your site will appear on search results when the user is doing their research.
Your business should be visible on search results for customers to engage with it. This means than an optimised site affects the buying cycle.
It is a Long-term Strategy
It takes time for the impact of SEO to become noticeable. However, the effects will last for many years once they become evident.
Although SEO evolves regularly, a site that is already optimised finds it easier to adapt to the changes than a non-optimised website. If you implement SEO now, you are guaranteed of enjoying its benefits over an extended period.
If you are serious about your digital marketing campaign, you have to invest in SEO in Singapore. When it is well-executed, search engine optimisation can do more than ranking your site on the first page of search results.
As seen above, SEO will increase brand awareness, as well as build trust between you and your customers. It is also useful in lead generation and boosting your conversion rates.
Since SEO is continually evolving, you must ensure that keep track of the latest developments in the industry. This way, you will implement the latest tactics and maintain an edge over competing websites in Singapore.
Get in touch with us for custom SEO Singapore services. Our team will work cordially with you to ensure the expected results and objectives are achieved.