SEO for ecommerce is different. Companies that sell products and services on the web face unique challenges that impact their search rankings. For example, when products expire, share identifying information, or lack metadata, it can hurt your search ranking and drive down traffic to your store. That’s why you need site optimization strategies and techniques specifically tailored for ecommerce. In this course, Steve Harris walks through researching your audience and competitors, setting up your site structure for success, and using SEO best practices to improve your content. He also introduces on-page optimization strategies, such as implementing breadcrumbs and product reviews and using tracking tools to measure your performance.
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
You started this assessment previously and didn’t complete it. You can pick up where you left off, or start over.