The federal Presidential Primary was postponed and rescheduled to be held on:
June 23, 2020 (See EO 202.12 below).
Executive Order 202.12
Executive Order 202.12 has modified the Election Law by:
- Postponing and rescheduling the federal Presidential Primary from April 28, 2020 to June 23, 2020;
- Postponing and rescheduling the special election ins the 27th CD, 50th SD, 12th AD, 31st AD and 136th AD from April 28,2020 to June 23, 2020; and
- modifying the annual mail check requirements.
The link for the Executive order is: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20212-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
Attention Petition Filers:
DEADLINE TO FILE ELECTION LAW § 16-102 COURT CHALLENGES TO PETITIONS FOR JUNE PRIMARY IS APRIL 3, 2020.
It is our opinion that the deadline to file and serve an Election Law proceeding in Supreme Court related to the June 23, 2020 Primary (Election Law § 16-102) is April 3, 2020 ( 99.2KB).
Chapter 24 of the Laws of 2020
Chapter 24 of the laws of 2020, signed on March 18, 2020, set the dates for filing designating petitions to be from March 17, 2020 through March 20, 2020.
Executive Order 202.2
Executive Order 202.2 has modified the Election Law by:
- Setting the last day to collect a signature for a designating petition to be 5 pm on March 17, 2020;
- Reduced the signature requirement to be 1.5% of the active enrolled voters of the political party in the political unit or 30% of set State signature thresholds;
- Reduced signature requirements for party position, as noted above; and
- Postponed March village elections statewide.
The link for the new 2020 political calendar reflecting changes: https://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/law/2020PoliticalCalendar_Rev0319.pdf ( 239KB)
The link for the Executive order is: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-2022-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
Please continue to check this website for updates.
CHANGED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER 202.12 – June 23, 2020 – Presidential Primary and special elections in the 27th CD, 50th SD, 12th AD, 31st AD and the 136th AD.
The Early Voting period for the Presidential Primary and these special elections will be June 13, 2020 – June 21, 2020.
June 23, 2020 – State and Federal Primary Elections.
The Early Voting period for State and Federal June 23rd Primary will be June 13, 2020 – June 21, 2020.
November 3, 2020 – General Election day.
The Early Voting period for the November General Election will be October 24, 2020- November 1, 2020.
Proposed Regulation For Comment:
Part 6200.2 – Relative to Time For Filing Statements ( 77.7KB)
Comments can be sent to email@example.com
Calendar of Events
|Commissioners Meeting||State Board Offices
40 North Pearl Street
Albany NY 12207
Minutes and Archived Webcasts
NYS Board of Elections Use of Force Policy
Board of Elections Use of Force Policy ( 156KB)