Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software
Directions on how how to use Microsoft Software Center
What is Software Center?
Software Center is part of Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), which allows IT to deliver, manage, support
and update applications and services across campus. SCCM is included in Microsoft System Center 2012.
To Find the Software Center (Windows 10)
- Click in the Search Bar or Start menu
- Type Software Center and select the desktop app
1. Click the application in the list to see an overview of that software, including its description, version and if a restart is required.
3. After installation, follow instructions as to whether you need to restart your computer.
4. If the installation fails through Software Center, please reboot your computer and try this process again.
NOTE: If you have multiple applications to install, you will need to repeat the process for each title.